Regular readers of this here blog will have noticed that I’ve been all about the #52ListsProject for several weeks whilst playing catch up. I hope you have enjoyed the posts.
The reason I’ve lined all the posts up, other than to play catch up, is because my labyrinthitis lasted longer than I had hoped. I was out of work for a month, and feeling pretty sorry for myself.
On the bright side, things are looking up now. I’ve been back at work for a couple of weeks now, and definitely feel well and truly recovered! So I thought I’d update you guys with life lately…ironically, via list.
2. We even have fish. We originally had 4, but they disappeared for a couple of weeks, so Liam bought 6 little fishies.
Once placed in the pond, 2 of the original (much larger) fish reappeared! I named 3 of the newer fish after Game of Thrones houses (Stark, Baratheon, Lannister).
3. Speaking of Game of Thrones…YAY ITS BACK! I am so excited about this. We’re also catching up with season 4 of The Walking Dead too, and I can comfortably say I am in love with Norman Reedus for real.
4. Me and a good friend of mine, Emma, have made a pact to get more creative – I’m hoping this means I’ll have some more crafty stuff on the blog in the future. Our first project? Sock animals.
5. In sad news, on 20 March one of my family dogs had to be put down. She was in poor health, but lived an incredible 14 years. R.I.P Zoe.
I haven’t been home to visit the family yet (they’ve seen me a few times since – any excuse to come look at the new place!), so I imagine it won’t really sink in until I go home and she’s not there.
6. I have eaten more chocolate, cake, biscuits and all things bad recently than I care to admit. Now the illness has gone, it’s time to try and get into better shape! Easter coming up makes it so difficult though!
7. I am desperate to go clothes shopping. I want a whole new wardrobe.
8. Recently we took part in International Tabletop Day. This is the second year we’ve done it, and it’s always awesome. I only won a single game of Dixit, but had lots of fun anyway!
9. I’ve discovered that Summer Sponge cake from our local farm shop is to die for. Please see point 6 for why this is a dilemma.
10. I’ve become one of those people who loves to have fresh flowers in the house. I’ve been lucky enough to be given flowers on several occasions recently, so the kitchen has been brightened up significantly!
11. On Friday night I went to see my favourite band, Brand New! Reminded me of my teenage years – brought back some memories for sure. Review to come soon(ish).
How about you lovely lot? Have you been up to much lately?