Let’s face it, we’ve all been there. One of those days where nothing seems to be going right. Stress levels are at an all time high, and you just feel like clambering back into bed and waiting until it all blows over.
BUT THERE’S ANOTHER WAY!
I realise I sound like the cheesiest motivational speaker right now, but bear with me as I’m about to blow your mind with a whole 16 ways to turn that frown upside down.
1. Find time to go for a walk. Fresh air is awesome, and no matter how busy and stressed you might be, or how OMG I WANT TO STAY IN BED you are, going for a walk really does help blow away the cobwebs and calm you down.
2. Drink tea. Tea solves all. Failing that, drink coffee and survive the rest of the day with a caffeine buzz.
3. Watch cat videos. That’s what they’re for.
4. Dig out old photographs and revel in how grow up you are now compared to those days you dip dyed your hair and only wore black. Just me?
5. Pick up a new magazine you’ve never read before. Magazine’s can be a nice easy read and a good distraction. Plus, some come with free gifts which is pretty good.
6. Do something creative. Start your day writing a blog post, draw some doodles on a post it note at work, knit a scarf in the evening. I commend you if you do all three.
7. TREAT YOSELF. Now, I’m not saying go out and spend all of your money. Little treats can be just as nice as a proper splurge sometimes. Honest.
8. Watch Malcolm In The Middle – it’s definitely helped me to unwind during some recent stressful times! If Dewey can’t raise a smile, I don’t know who can.
9. Light a candle, or five. Bonus points if it’s a Yankee Candle because let’s be honest, they smell the best.
10. Go to bed earlier. If you’ve just had enough of the day, there’s no shame in crawling into bed earlier than usual. Preferably with a hot chocolate and/or chocolate bar. Plus, that early night might pay dividends the next day.
11. Do some organising. Whether it’s your wardrobe, desk, bookcase or shoe collection, clearing up and sorting things out can really help to clear your mind.
12. Invent a new recipe. Even more bonus points up for grabs if it’s a new form of mug cake because cake in a mug is some sort of sorcery.
13. Do something nice for someone else. Donate some money to a good cause, or simply just compliment someone. Being nice makes you feel nice.
14. Play Theme Hospital and cure The Squits. Can’t take the pressure? Need to release some stress? Build a rollercoaster on Rollercoaster Tycoon and kill a bunch of your park visitors. Or just make your Sims’ lives a living hell.
15. Find new blogs to follow – your new fave could be out there sharing all sorts of awesome content to cheer you up.
16. Dye your hair. Even if you don’t want to go some wacky neon shade, freshly dyed hair feels and smells bangin’.