I’ll be straight with you guys, blogging has taken a bit of a backseat recently for a few reasons. First and foremost, I’ve been hella busy. Work has been manic, and as such my evenings have been all about watching Scream Queens or The Walking Dead in bed.
I know, maybe not the smartest choices before falling asleep, but as of yet my dreams haven’t been plagued with Red Devils or zombies. So I’ll count that as a win.
Blogging can be a pretty time consuming endeavour. It’s exciting to see more people stopping by, leaving comments and following on Twitter or Bloglovin. I am super appreciative of it, but it does add some pressure to make sure I keep up the posting momentum and don’t disappoint, y’know?
Anyway, yesterday morning I sat down and had a hunt for inspiration of a tag post to do. It’s been a little while since I last did one, and I find them generally pretty fun to get involved with. I can always rely on Danielle to have some great tag posts on her site, so here goes the 11 things tag…
1. What’s your most unusual phobia?
I don’t think it’s very unusual, but I am absolutely terrified of mice. The way they dart around, and the association of uncleanliness that comes with their presence. Gross.
2. Did you have a favourite subject at school?
I loved drama in secondary school. I wish I’d kept it up in some form, but adult classes are quite hard to come by and I don’t fancy the life of touring in productions. I also think I’d be rubbish at it now, too.
3. Who would be your dream dinner date?
Chris Pratt. Sorry Liam…
4. What was your first job?
My very first job was working at WHSmith – I was 16 and was saving money for a holiday with friends to Newquay, and then saving for furniture and bits to move out for University.
5. Where’s your happy place?
Anywhere with a duvet or blanket basically. Especially now it’s so cold outside!
6. What’s your favourite art form?
I do like photography, but I also recently found myself fascinated in the statues and tapestries in Rome…it blows my mind how such intricate and amazing things were made by hand. I think even though I’m not particularly into art, I can appreciate the process of craftsmenship. But none of that contemporary rubbish.
7. Who or what were you in a previous life?
I don’t believe in any of that, which is also a totally cop out answer to this question but I can’t think of a better one!
8. What’s your talent?
I think about things from 89648957989 different angles which is both a blessing and a curse. Mostly a curse.
9. What was the first album you bought?
The first album given to me was Michael Jackson’s “History” (on cassette!), but I think the first one I bought was considerably less cool and probably by Britney Spears.
10. Which was the first social network you joined?
Myspace! Unless Bebo came first? I never really used Bebo though. I was definitely of the generation that filled out quizzes on Myspace and learnt basic HTML from updating my profile…
11. If you were a superhero, what colour would your cape be?
I was going to say red as it’s my favourite colour, but I can’t be stealing Superman’s limelight…so I’ll go for the minty green of this here blog theme as I’m still loving it even though it’s not remotely autumnal.
So the rules of this tag apparently mean I have to come up with 11 questions for you guys! I’ll tag anyone who fancies giving these a go…
1. If you could choose to play an extra in any TV show, which would it be?
2. Which superhero would you choose as your sidekick?
3. What would you want to be your last ever meal?
4. What sort of music did you listen to 10 years ago? Is it the same as today?
5. What’s the last film you saw at the cinema and how would you rate it?
6. Where is your favourite holiday destination and why?
7. What is your greatest achievement to date?
8. Share one thing you would tell your ten year old self
9. What is your favourite item in your room/home?
10. If you could be any animal, what would you be?
11. What’s your guilty pleasure TV show?